Monday, August 13, 2007

Au Revoir, Turd Blossom

Karl Rove, or "Turd Blossom", as his boss, eternal fraternity brother George W. calls him, told The Wall Street Journal he was stepping down at the end of August for the perennial excuse of firees everywhere, he wants to spend some time with his family.

Oh bullshit.

This is just another example of the President waiting until after the toddler has burned down the house before taking away his matches. (See Rumsfeld, Donald R.)

Jesus George, the damage is done, why not let the poor guy get a couple more years on his government pension?

On some level you've got to feel for the guy, Rove. I mean, how would you like it if your picture came up every time someone googles "Turd Blossom". That would suck, wouldn't it?

On the other hand, I am glad to see Mr. Rove go, if only because he an I share some degree of resemblance and it's more than a little annoying to have people point this out constantly. When he goes and crawls under the same rock and Rumsfeld and John Ashcroft maybe people will notice this a little less often.

For those public figures needing a way out of a jam, Cracked.com offers this handy guide to resignations. My personal favorite and the method I hope to be important enough to employ someday is the whole resigning for the good of the country. After all, anyone who knows me wouldn't be able to keep a straight face if I actually tried to play the "spend more time with my family" crap...

3 comments:

KaraMia said...

wait..i'm confused..Is this the blog your using daily now??

Kal said...

Yup, back home KM. My life had gone to crap since I switched blogs, so I thought it best to switch back...

(yeah, like this'll make a difference, but what the hell...)

Gino said...

my take is a lil different.
not contrary, just different.